One of the tricks to handling large amounts of emails is to set them up so that they automatically go into folders. You can setup folders such as Advertising, Travel, Exercise etc.
Here’s how to do it from your Inbox.
- In the Folders label in the left column, click on the down arrow. This will show you all of the folders that you currently have.
- Click on the + sign just to the right of Folders to Add a New Folder
- Type in the name of the new folder you want to create.
- Right click on an email in your Inbox and you’ll see the popup screen below.
- Choose Filter Emails Like This.
- I usually go with the default – Sender Contains Rule.
- From the Move the Message to line
- Click the Down Arrow and choose the Folder you just created.
- Then click Save.
- Now, new messages will go to that folder. Unfortunately, there is no way I know of to get past messages into that folder.