Note – I’m mainly doing this for my own purposes, but if you have your own website, something similar is probably available.
Here’s the video tutorial:
– My site uses CP10 – so I follow these directions below.(note – this may have changed)
– File Manager
– go to domain you want to password protect
– Protect – at the bottom of the screen – a popup box will appear.
– click on the folder you want to protect.
– enter login name
– enter password
– confirm password
– click the big red X to close the protect wizard.
– the .htaccess file is where the names and passwords are saved.