I’m not going to try and redo everything that others have written about this topic, but here are the basics.
- This is covered by Regulation E. – see also FDIC
- Even if you notify the bank within two days – you will be liable for $50.
- If you don’t notify the bank within two days you are liable for $500.
- One site recommends using either a dedicated computer for banking only or boot from a Linux disk – I did this and it seems fairly easy if you have an ISO burner. I use Nero.
- Businesses don’t have the same protection as consumers.They could lose everything!
- Best Business online practices.
- Bank from a Live CD