First off – don’t run as Administrator – when you get your system cleaned – change to a Standard User
Here’s a list of removal options below.
AV-TEST did a great report on these solutions – this link.
- Malwarebytes – The best according to AV-Test
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool – one of the best
- Microsoft Security Essentials – didn’t do very well.
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Malicious Software Removal Tool
You can also try the old standard way of removing programs.
- Control Panel – Programs – Uninstall
- Config.sys – stop the programs from starting
IStart123 – very hard to remove.
I got rid of it on Chrome by uninstalling Chrome and then downloading a new version of Chrome. Here’s a video for other browsers.