Windows is coming out with a new version in 2015 – here’s a video of some of the new features. It appears that it might be a nice mix of Windows 7 and Windows 8. There’s not a whole lot of information, but it shows the direction that the build is going.
ALSO – here’s the link to Paul Thurott’s site and all his Windows 10 information.
Here are some notes:
- They skipped over the name Windows 9 and went to Windows 10.
- The Start Menu is back.
- Has the old Task Bar.
- Supports multiple desktops.
- Task View – allows you to see all the windows which are open.
- Command Prompt – you can now copy and paste into this.
- On hybrid tablets/laptops (2 in 1) The desktop interface works when you have the keyboard attached and when you detach the screen, it prompts you to enter the Tablet mode.
Things I’m Changing after Win 10 Installation
- Bring back Libraries to File Explorer
- Change default programs/apps for jpgs etc.
- Put Control Panel on the Taskbar.
- Go through Settings – Privacy and check all the settings.
- Good Article about Privacy
- Turn off Cortana
- Turn off Personalized Ads
- Turn on System Restore for C:
- Battery Saver – turn on.
- Sandboxie does not work – try their new Beta version.
- Battery Life – extend
- Boot into Safe Mode
- Complete Guide – Paul Thurott
- Change the Start Menu
- Change Default Apps
- Control Panel
- DVD – how to play them with VLC
- File Explorer Settings
- Five things to do after installation.
- Dual Boot with Windows 10.
- Keylogger – Security
- Libraries – how to bring them back – also for Win. 8.1
- Network Location – Public/Private
- Print to PDF
- Privacy Settings
- Privacy Article
- Restore is Off by Default – how to fix.
- Shut Down Options
- Snapping Windows
- Start Menu – options
- Start Menu – Resize
- Start Screen Ads – Turn Off
- Privacy and Local Account – Privacy 2 – Privacy 3 –
- Change User 8 character password to a 4 character pin.
- Refresh Image or Reinstall Windows 10
- Software Compatibility Center
- Tablet Mode
- Taskbar Editing
- Task Manager
- Task View – Win plus Tab
- Updates – how to turn off or control – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 –
- Uninstall Apps
- Virtual Monitors
- Wifi Sense – share your network with friends. (2)(3)
- Windows Defender – 2 –
Another video below