Here’s a summary of David Pogue’s Top Ten Time Saving Tech-Tips
- Space Bar – scrolls down the website by one page. Use Shift-Space to Scroll Up.
- Filling in forms – use the Tab key to jump from one area to the next – also when you are selecting the state, just type in the first letter of your state – M for Missouri – you may need to do this more than once.
- To make text larger on the web, hold down Ctrl then +.
- Google also does word definitions (define this word), it will also give you flight information as in Southwest #345, and it will also do unit conversion.
- Prefocus a camera shot – then press the button
- “B” key to blackout a slide in PowerPoint. or “W” to whiteout a slide.
- Setup an internet address just for Internet sites you rarely visit.
- When filling in a URL if you press Ctrl – Enter, it adds the .com
- Enlarge text on a page by either using the Mouse – Ctrl/Scroll Wheel or the keyboard – Ctrl/+
- To recharge – use regular charger and put in Airplane Mode.
- Typing on Android/iPhone – at the end of a sentence, hit the space bar twice to put in a period and the space and then you’re ready to start your next sentence.
- Tor turn off a ringing phone, just press any physical button on the side or top.
- To re-call a person you just called, just hit the “Call” button – it will fill-in with the last person you called.
- To get past the answering machine instructions, hit the # key on T-Mobile and At&T, Verizon is *, Sprint is 1 (not sure about this)
- Buy a refurbished computer and save money – they are really new, just returned.
- Don’t turn your computer off at night – put it in Sleep Mode.
- J – jump back ten seconds
- L – jump forward ten seconds
- M – mute audio
- Home – go to beginning.
- Number keys – jump to that percentage – 2 = 20% etc.
Here’s the video.