Here are the basics for sharing files via Dropbox.com with a friend.
You first need to upload a file to your Dropbox account.
They give you 2 gb of space on the free accounts.
For files that you are sharing, it’s easiest to create a folder for the files via the icons near the top right. Once the file/files are loaded, you can click on the SHARE button to allow a friend to get the file. Enter their email address and they will get an email telling them that they can get the file that was shared.
Your friend does need to first setup an account.
From the Download link and down arrow, they can either download the file to their computer or copy it to their Dropbox account.
I was having trouble editing a mpg video with Adobe Premiere and couldn’t get the audio to sync. Out of desperation I tried to use Handbrake to change the video from mpg to a mp4 file.
That is relatively easy to do, but I wanted to shorten the video since it had extra material at the end. That is also easy to do – here’s how to do it.
Load the you want to edit.
Then change Chapters to Seconds and fill in the time settings you want to keep.
I found this congressional committee meeting quite interesting. It talks about the growing risk of using IOT – Internet of Things – devices like a thermostat, light bulbs, refrigerators etc. and what will be necessary for us to do in the near future.
I was looking for a Chromebook video editor and found the YouTube Video Editor as a pretty good option. The video at the bottom has the basics, but here are a few tips.
- You first upload your raw video to your YouTube channel.
- Then go to this link. https://www.youtube.com/editor
- Quick Fixes – click on the video on the timeline.
- Main Menu – click outside the timeline video.
- They also have free background audio/music you can add to your videos.
- This is basically just one timeline with an ability to have background audio and also the capability to add some basic text boxes.
- There are no other layers. You can’t add video on top of video.
If you have a Yahoo email account, you may be tempted to dump it and move to Gmail or some other email option.
Here are some reasons why you might want to leave Yahoo.
- Yahoo has been hiding email hacks for two years when 500 million accounts were stolen.
- They turned over email data to the US government.
- Just recently, they turned off email forwarding, although this has since been turned back on.
The video below talks about this whole topic and even talks about why you might want to keep your Yahoo email account.
My solution is to keep your account, but change the email address from all your important websites to a new Gmail/Other account. This is going to take some time, but it’s worthwhile. I’d also suggest turning on email forwarding so that your Yahoo email goes to the new email address.
Here are some reasons to keep your account active.
- You may use your Yahoo email as a recovery email for another website.
- You don’t want someone else to use your name and end up with an email address which looks like it’s coming from you.
- You may still need to periodically send an email from your Yahoo account to prevent the account from being deleted by Yahoo.
Here’s the page if you absolutely want to delete your account.
Below is the video from “The New Screen Savers” show which talks about this topic.
While the Roku has a YouTube app, it’s not easy to navigate to the videos you would like to watch.
One of the neat things you can do with your Roku is to have it work like a Chromecast device.
All you need to do is find the YouTube video on your laptop you want to watch and then choose the icon at the bottom of the video,
If you have more than one Roku in the house it will give you the option to choose which device to send it to.
Here’s another way to easily download YouTube Videos.
Here’s the website.
You just enter the URL and it will give you different options to save your video.