If you have a Yahoo email account, you may be tempted to dump it and move to Gmail or some other email option.
Here are some reasons why you might want to leave Yahoo.
- Yahoo has been hiding email hacks for two years when 500 million accounts were stolen.
- They turned over email data to the US government.
- Just recently, they turned off email forwarding, although this has since been turned back on.
The video below talks about this whole topic and even talks about why you might want to keep your Yahoo email account.
My solution is to keep your account, but change the email address from all your important websites to a new Gmail/Other account. This is going to take some time, but it’s worthwhile. I’d also suggest turning on email forwarding so that your Yahoo email goes to the new email address.
Here are some reasons to keep your account active.
- You may use your Yahoo email as a recovery email for another website.
- You don’t want someone else to use your name and end up with an email address which looks like it’s coming from you.
- You may still need to periodically send an email from your Yahoo account to prevent the account from being deleted by Yahoo.
Here’s the page if you absolutely want to delete your account.
Below is the video from “The New Screen Savers” show which talks about this topic.